We have Collective Worship every morning. This is lead by the Head Teacher, Rev Amber or one of the teaching staff.
Collective worship gives pupils and school staff the opportunity to:
- Engage in an act of community.
- Express praise and thanksgiving to God.
- Be still and reflect.
- Explore the big questions of life and respond to national events.
- Foster respect and deepen spiritual awareness.
- Reflect on the character of God and on the teachings of Christ.
- Affirm Christian values and attitudes.
- Share each other's joys and challenges.
- Celebrate special times in the Christian calendar.
Central attributes of an act of worship
We endeavour to fulfil the following ‘central attributes’ of worship:
Gathering Making worship a special time of the day
Engaging Using the best available techniques to stimulate interest in the content
Responding Ensuring there is time and opportunity for individual, group reflection and thought, so those attending can respond in a variety of ways
Sending Summarising the worship in a meaningful short message used to create an opportunity for those attending to implement the ideas covered and to conclude the worship