Home Learning & Online Safety
Please note, that while we take all reasonable care to check that websites are suitable for children, we cannot be held responsible for external website content.
Introduce the following rules to help your children safe online:
- Children should be supervised whenever they are online. Computers and tablets should not be used in children’s bedrooms.
- Teach your child to close the screen and get an adult if they see anything online that upsets them.
- Put parental controls in place
- Remind your child about not sharing personal information online
- Use safe search engines such as swiggle.org.uk or kids-serch.com
- Do not allow your child to use live-streaming sites unsupervised
It is important that your children can stay in touch with their friends. We are aware that some children have access to chat apps and are in groups. Lots of children also have opportunities to talk via Xbox live and PlayStation. Please help them to make good choices and be kind when using these. If something happens that upsets them, show them how to 'leave a group' and encourage two way phone calls or private messaging between them and one of their friends at a time.
Internet Matters www.internetmatters.com for lots of great advice on keeping your child safe online. There are more resources available under our 'Parents - Online Safety & What Parents Need to Know.
Child Exploitation and Online Protection. https://www.ceop.police.uk/ceopreporting/ Use this link to report sexual exploitation, grooming or abuse online to the police.
Please see a document below regarding safety during Zoom meetings.