Keeping Children Safe
What does Safeguarding actually mean?
The key statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ explains what safeguarding is:
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined for the purposes of this guidance as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Put simply, safeguarding is:
- Child protection
- Supporting vulnerable children
- Safe care, at home, in school and in the community
- Taking action
As a school, we adhere strictly to the Keeping Children Safe In Education Policy and the Child Protection Policy. You can download both of these key documents at the bottom of this page.